Monday, December 12, 2011

Great Expectations

Photo from deepho

As writers, don't we all have such great expectations? Great expectations to be the best "me" we can, to be successful, published authors, to write original work, win awards?

I entered my first contest night before last, Great Expectations. Perhaps a lofty contest for a first, but hey, I like to aim high. As Anne Shirley would say, “I can't help flying up on the wings of anticipation. It's as glorious as soaring through a sunset... almost pays for the thud.”

Yes, I can't help but have secret hopes of finaling, but my realistic side is looking forward to the valuable comments from the judges. And I do hope they are valuable. lol.

While I'm waiting for my scores, I'm hoping to write a lot. Perhaps have a finished, or pretty darn close, manuscript by the time I hear from the contest. Also a lofty ambition. Oh, Anne, you're such a kindred spirit!

Until next time...

Whitney


1 comment:

  1. Love it! Almost worth the thud. I can't believe you've been keeping that little golden nugget of wisdom from me all this time :-p
    Best wishes and write on!

    ReplyDelete